Congratulations to the PAH FY14 Q3 CAREs Grant Recipients!
Candace Syres, Neurology/PDMDC, has been awarded grant funding for the project, In Your Language: Parkinson's Disease Education. The Penn Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Center (PDMDC) at PAH, hosts support groups focused on the Mandarin/Cantonese and Spanish population to help address health disparities within the Asian and Latino populations. The PDMDC currently offers support groups for patients and caregivers in West Philadelphia, Center City, Elkin’s Park, Bryn Mawr, Chinatown and Northeast Philadelphia. The CAREs Grant funds will be used to pay for translators and presentation translations.
Jeffrey O’Neill, director of Engineering Services, has been awarded grant funding for the Bucks County Admirals Hockey Team, a special needs, co-ed ice hockey team. The funding will used to secure ice time for the team and equipment, offering the teen and young adult team members support, a time of fun, healthy activity, and friendly competition.
Each quarter, the CAREs Foundation awards grants of up to $5,000 per project to community and hospital-based programs on behalf of employees or Perelman School of Medicine students who volunteer their time to support those programs. For more information and to apply, please visit www.Pennmedicine.org/community. Deadline for applications for the next round of grants is June 1.
Congratulations to all the winners of a Penn Medicine CAREs grant for the third quarter of FY14!
- Tiffany Ali, Radiology – CPUP: Penn Medicine Woodbury Heights Cares
- Jennifer Catrambone, Emergency Department - CCH: Caring Clothing for Chester County Hospital Emergency Room
- Yoonhee Ha, Center for Health Care Innovation - PSOM: Unity Clinic
- Paul Huberty, Strategic Planning - CCH: Expanding Access to Mammograms at La Comunidad Hispana
- Gregory Kennedy, Medical Student - PSOM: United Community Clinic Bike Rodeo
- Rebecca Kim, Medical Student - PSOM: Penn Human Rights Clinic
- Jennifer Lai, Vascular Surgery - HUP: Vision Care and Glasses for Folk Arts Cultural Treasures Charter School
- Raymond Rodriguez, Medicin - PSOM: Enon Tabernacle Church Men's Health Fair
- Kevin Sims, Penn Transplant Institute - HUP: Philadelphia Black Gay Pride Vision Care and Glasses for Folk Arts Cultural Treasures Charter School ealth Project
- Steven Sust, Psychiatry - CPUP: Asian Mental Health Outreach