Join Penn Presbyterian’s Cultural Diversity Committee on October 26, for its third annual Cultural Diversity Conference, Health Care Reform: Reshaping Access and Delivery of Care to Vulnerable Populations. This year’s conference will focus on issues around health care reform including politics and ethics, health disparities, and the future of charitable care with special guest speaker The Honorable Chaka Fattah, US Congressman, Pennsylvania’s 2nd Congressional District.
When: Friday, October 26, 7:00 am - 4:00pm
Where: Philadelphia Heart Institute, Room 106 – 1st floor conference room
Who: The principal audiences are nurses, nurse managers, social workers, and allied health professionals. However, the conference is open to anyone interested in attending.
Cost: $5 for UPHS employees and students with a
valid ID; $20 for non-employees
*Check or cash (in person) is accepted.
- Rep. Chaka Fattah - U.S. Congressman, Pennsylvania’s 2nd Congressional District
- Keynote Speaker: Rita K. Adeniran, DrNP, RN, CMAC, NEA, BC - Director of Diversity and Inclusion; Global Nurse Ambassador, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Robert I. Field, JD, MPH, PhD - Professor of Law, Earl Mack School of Law at Drexel University and Professor of Health Management and Policy, Drexel University School of Public Health
- Gail Kimble - Chief Human Resource Officer, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Kathleen Witta, RN, MSN, GNP-BC, GWOCN - ACE Unit, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Thomas M. McCormick, Jr., MBA - Associate Vice President, Patient Accounting, Penn Medicine –Corporate Finance
For more information, or to register, please click here.