With more than 20,000 students and professionals dedicated to continuously building on successes in research, clinical care, and education, keeping up with the pulse of Penn Medicine can be a challenge.
Our institutional newsletters, located on the “Inside Penn Medicine” homepage, in print editions throughout UPHS, and email inboxes, strive to share those achievements, stories, and perspectives from those who make Penn Medicine one of the most preeminent academic medical institutions in the world.
Here are a few recent stories you may have missed:
(Featuring News Throughout Penn Medicine)
- Abramson Cancer Center: A Look Back and to the Future -- A look at the storied history of one of the most renowned university-based cancer centers in the nation.
- Inaugural Membership to the Class of Master Clinicians -- The Academy of Master Clinicians launched this year to recognize Penn Medicine clinicians who exemplify the highest standards of clinical excellence, humanism and professionalism.
(News from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania, and Corporate offices)
- “To Dream the Impossible Dream” -- HUP’s Annual Tribute to Civil Rights and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ringing the Bell: Recognizing an Achievement -- The Bell Ringing Ceremony Celebrates a Patient’s Last Chemotherapy Treatment at the Abramson Cancer Center
(Pennsylvania Hospital, Penn Medicine Washington Square, and Good Shepherd Penn Partners)
- Philly’s First All-Private Maternity Suite Opens at PAH -- After three years of renovations and new construction, PAH’s new Well Mother & Baby Unit officially opened on February 26
- From Philly to Sochi - This Physician Makes a Different Kind of House Call -- Gary W. Dorshimer, MD, FACP, FCPP, chief of the Section of General Internal Medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital, shared his experience as an internal medicine consultant for the NHL during the Sochi Winter Olympic Games.
- Topping out Pavillion for Advanced Care and Penn Medicine University City-- Steel reached the top of the Pavilion for Advanced Care and Penn Medicine University City in “Topping Out Ceremony”
- Show Us Your “Impressions of Philadelphia”-- Photo contest seeks images to display in public areas of the new Pavilion for Advanced Care (PAC) at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center